Monday, July 13, 2015

Simple Notions Case


This simple crocheted case is the perfect size for a few crochet hooks. Or, in my case, pencils, pens and an eraser for making notes on my patterns and designs. It fits nicely in my crochet bag and keeps my pens from drawing all over my projects. 

Materials:
1 skein Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (Off White used in photo)
1 Size G/6 (4.25MM) Crochet Hook
1 Yarn Needle

Gauge: 4sts x 4 rows - 1"x1"

Finished Measurements: 6.75" x 3"

Abbreviations:
Ch - Chain
St - Stitch
Sl St - Slip Stitch
Sc- Single Crochet

Instructions:

Ch 26, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in all sts, turn, ch 1.
Repeat for 34 rows.
Bind off.

Fold the bottom up to the 9th row from the top and sew up the sides with a basic st. Turn inside out.

Attach a sl st to the middle of the flap and ch 53. 
Sc in the 2nd ch from hook, sl st in the same st. 
Bind off.

Enjoy!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, those pens . . . they draw on everything if you give them half a chance! ;-) Very useful, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!! You're most welcome and thanks for the feedback!!

      Delete
  2. Do you sew the sides with sewing thread or single crochet them together? I am a bit confused. Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it both ways .... whichever you're comfortable with

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting a simple case for all those hooks that are laying in a bag. Now I'll be able to add them to my bookbag that I carry with me when I'm going over to my daughter's house for the weekend...thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll make it a little bigger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, my little girl (9) and I just started this project to keep our pens and pencils in place into our handbags. We made it a little big wider to fit our needs. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete